TPO1, passage 1, GEOLOGY AND LANDSCAPE
3)仿写下列6个句子，如第二个句子的仿写，Men are often regarded as the capital of family,
successfully shouldering the responsibility of steering the boat, but in fact
they tend to be very sentimental.
1) Most people consider the landscape tobe unchanging, but Earth is a dynamic
body, and its surface is continually altering-slowly on the human time scale,
but relatively rapidly when compared to the great age of Earth (about 4,500
2) Hills and mountains are often regarded as the epitome of permanence,
successfully resisting the destructive forces of nature, but in fact they tend
to be relatively short-lived in geological terms.
3) The exposed rocks are attacked by the various weather processes and
graduallybroken down into fragments, which are then carried away and later
4) In this process, sedimentary rocks that originally formed on the seabed
may befolded upwards to altitudes of more than 26,000 feet.
5) Carbon dioxide in the air reacts with the rainwater, forming a weak acid
(carbonicacid) that may chemically attack the rocks.
6) In dry areas the wind is the principal agent of erosion.It carries fine
particles of sand, which bombard exposed rock surfaces, thereby wearing them
into yet more sand.